About Me


Hmm, why do I love Bollywood so much?

Bollywood is my passage to another world, and I love every minute I spend there! In this world, my name could be Anjali or Shalini, and my hair is no longer caked with my daughter's Play-dough but is blowing freely in the wind as I am being serenaded by Shahrukh Khan. Here, I'm no longer lonely ---I come home to a candlelit dinner prepared by Abhishek Bachchan and I have John Abraham to show up at my job and propose anytime I want him to. In my Bollywood fantasy, I don't have to take life too seriously because it all comes together in a song anyways. And in this world, I can chose to be fun like Preity, graceful like Rani or lovable like Kajol. Oh, and one more big plus--Guys are not only OK with talking about their feelings, but they want to sing them to me. Imagine that!

Bitten By Bollywood is my chance to talk about my second life--and to feed my Bollywood appetite. Because if I keep trying to casually slip it into my day to day conversations, people are going to really think I need help(and I don't--I can stop any time I want to....Really, I can....)--So if you're someone who is just as obsessed as I am, sit back, relax and know that you are not alone...and drop me a comment if you have something to say!

Other than Bollywood, I love chocolate, reading, trying new foods, traveling, writing, shopping, and, of course, spending time with my two year old daughter. I'm currently pursuing a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, and hope to graduate in 2010(can't wait, seriously). Before becoming a nursing student, I was a makeup artist at MAC cosmetics, so I sort of have a natural tendency to notice makeup on television and movies a bit more than the average person. The beauty of that is, if you see a look in a movie or a photo that you want to recreate, you can email it to me and I'll be able to give you a pretty good idea of how to go about doing so(Just a little perk for those who decide to read my blog!).

Here is a list of people I have converted to Bollywood--I may refer to them in my posts from time to time:

My friend Ceci-This was easy. She's just as hooked as I am on this stuff. But then again, we both are suckers for a good romance.

My Mom-I think Mom is officially addicted. She seemed to enjoy Veer Zaara and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (first two I showed her), but she didn't start to really show some excitement until she saw Fanaa. I think she has a crush on Abhishek Bachchan.

My Brother-Its harder to tell with him--this guy has to be the trickiest person to read. I feel sorry for whoever he ends up in a relationship with. I don't know, he seems to lean more towards the Karan Johar comedic style, and appears to like some of the romantic comedies, but one never knows. He did like Saawariya, so go figure.

My daughter-She is only two but says "song" when she sees Shahrukh Khan's face. So I think she's getting there.

My stepmother Uzma-Actually, she converted me. She grew up on Bollywood.

To read about how and why I got into Bollywood movies in the first place, click here.

(Text (c) 2007 Nida Nazir) Bitten By Bollywood