Swathi to team up with Vikram


She has starred in just a single film in Tamil but that appears enough for the viewers not to forget her, especially those ultra-expressive eyes of hers. Yes, we are referring to Swathi, who mesmerized one and all with her acting and by her expressive eyes in the hit film ‘Subramaniapuram’ which released a couple of years back.

Sources close to the actress reveal that she is actually in ‘talks’ to play Vikram’s heroine in his upcoming film. The Telugu girl had gotten into the skin of her character in ‘Subramaniapuram’ and had played to perfection the role of a Madurai-based girl of the early eighties. Her facial expressions, especially in the song sequence ‘Kangal Irandaal…’, were a visual treat to the eyes of the viewers.

She had played a brief ‘guest’ role in the film ‘Kanimozhi’ starring Jai & Shazahn Padamse and which released recently. The film, directed by first-timer Sreepathy, sank without a tract at the box-office. Asked why there was such a yawning gap between her films, Swati says that though she wanted to do more films in Tamil, she couldn’t do so as she had to improve on her Tamil dialect.

“If I get a good role, I’d do it irrespective of the language. In Telugu, I dub for my roles in movies whereas I can’t do the same in Tamil. I have started learning Tamil and hope to dub in my own voice for my next Tamil film,” says Swathi with her trademark smile.