Vaiyapuri turns hero



It seems it’s now time for comedians to turn heroes. Close on the heels of Vivek, Vadivelu, Karunaas and Kingkong, here comes Vaiyapuri, who is all set to don the greasepaint as a protagonist.
“I am very much impressed by a story narrated to me by P Vasu’s assistant Devendiran. It is about the travails of a common man narrated in a comical way. An official announcement will be made soon,” the actor says.
Vaiyapuri, who is playing a transgender in Mani Ratnam’s ‘Raavan’, says, “It is a challenging role. My thanks to Mani sir for selecting me. I play a close friend to Priyamani in the film. My character will be talked about once the film is released.”
Claiming he is doing ‘second hero’ in a Malayalam film titled ‘Kalyanamam Kalyanam’, the actor says, “My forthcoming projects in Tamil include ‘Kola Kolaya Mundhirikka’, Kanakavel Kaakka, Kaavalkaran, Bale Pandiya, Chikku Bhukku and Vellore Mavattam.”