Interview with Shazahn Padamsee


Shazahn Padamsee is a new lightening in Tamil cinema. She is doing the female lead role in the film Kanimozhi. She made her debut in the Hindi film Rocket Singh which had Ranbir Kapoor in the lead role. She recently gave an interview to the media.

What is the meaning of your name?

My father wanted a name that has not been kept so far in the whole world. Shazahn means world beauty. In Tamil they asked me to change the name. I did not want to change this beautiful name that my father kept. You can call be world beauty.

How did you get the opportunity to act in Kanimozhi?

I wanted to act in cinema. That’s all. I wanted to act in Tamil and Telugu films. But the Ad film I acted with Sharukh Khan gave me the opportunity to act in a Hindi film. When I heard the story of Kanimozhi, I liked it very much. I immediately came to Tamil. My character name in this film is Anu. I am doing the role of a bubbly girl. In real life also I am a bubbly girl. The story revolves around me. The whole film has live recording except for me. My voice is dubbed. I love this film.

How is cinema?

In the first place I am a theatre artist. I know acting but I don’t know cinema. I had an imagination of cinema. But after acting in a Bollywood film, I understood what is cinema. But Tamil cinema has different color and style. Here everything happens in express speed. Everybody is working very hard. The whole shooting of Kanimozhi was completed in one and half months. Next I have acted in a Telugu film. There it is pungent masala. Now I have understood cinema.

Who is your favourite hero?

In Hindi it is Ranbir Kapoor. In Tamil it is Surya. I have acted with Ranbir Kapoor. I am interested in acting with Surya.

What do you want to achieve in cinema?

I want to act in Manirathnam film.